Decorative basket grey blue red
Large Decorative Basket
This large, one of a kind, decorative basket has been handwoven and hand painted in Swaziland by women from social enterprise Gone Rural. It would look great on a kitchen island to display fruit or to display books and magazines on a coffee table or on the floor. It’s perfect on the wall too as a contemporary piece of art.
Gone Rural is a social enterprise founded in the 1970s, which works with over 750 artisans in 13 groups across Swaziland – from young women to gogos (grandmothers) and often with three generations of women from one family. Gone Rural provides its artisans with self-employed, home-based work, empowering them with a sustainable income, which allows them to fulfil their traditional duties and look after their families.
Purchases help support Gone Rural Bomake (meaning women) a not for profit organization which provides health, education, and empowerment programmes in Swaziland.
50cm diameter, 8cm height (19.7″ x 3.2″)
Only 1 left in stock
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)