Large Storage Basket Bonakele
Large Decorative Storage Basket
A large storage basket hand woven in Swaziland from indigenous and renewable grasses. This basket is perfect for storing towels, throws, children’s toys, magazines or as plant holder. It is part of Gone Rural’s signature range, The Song of the Weaver, which is inspired by three generations of Gone Rural weavers. Bonakele, who the basket is named after, is the granddaughter of the family who like many Swazi women was taught to weave by her mother. This basket
Gone Rural is a social enterprise founded in the 1970s, which works with over 750 artisans in 13 groups across Swaziland – from young women to gogos (grandmothers) and often with three generations of women from one family. Gone Rural provides its artisans with self-employed, home-based work, empowering them with a sustainable income, which allows them to fulfill their traditional duties and look after their families.
Purchases help support Gone Rural Bomake (meaning women) a not for profit organization which provides health, education, and empowerment programmes in Swaziland.
Material Lutindzi grass, Lucazi grass, Sisal fibre
Size: 32cm base diameter, 34cm height
As featured in:
+ We ship to Europe.
+ We ship to the USA, Canada and Australia click here for more information.
Only 2 left in stock
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)