Storage Baskets Bonakele Black
Contemporary Storage Baskets
These large decorative storage baskets are hand woven in Swaziland from indigenous and renewable grasses. They are perfect for storing magazines, toys, towels, throws and plants with a water tray under the plant pot. The neutral natural and black colour scheme works well in a contemporary setting.
Gone Rural has taken a traditional craft and renewed it with contemporary designs creating striking handcrafted baskets to cherish. Gone Rural is a social enterprise founded in the 1970s, which works with over 750 artisans in 13 groups across Swaziland – from young women to gogos (grandmothers) and often with three generations of women from one family. Gone Rural provides its artisans with self-employed, home-based work, empowering them with a sustainable income, which allows them to fulfill their traditional duties and look after their families. Purchases help support Gone Rural Bomake (meaning women) a not for profit organization which provides health, education, and empowerment programmes in Swaziland.
Material Lutindzi grass, Lucazi grass, Sisal fibre
Size: 32cm base diameter, 34cm height (12.5″ x 13.3″)
Only 1 left in stock
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)