Silver Rimmed Tamegroute Bowl
Tamegroute Silver Rimmed Bowl
A beautiful silver rimmed bowl from the Tamegroute pottery, a cooperative, in southern Morocco. Each piece is made by local craftsmen using techniques and a special green glaze handed down from generation to generation. Scroll over the images to see the bowl in more detail.
The distinctive glaze, containing magnesium and copper, creates a multitude of colours ranging from earthy brown through rustic green to turquoise. There are infinite variations in the glaze so no two pieces are alike. Less than a dozen people know the secret formula for this glaze and so far no-one has been able to copy it although many have tried.
This bowl is hand thrown and hand finished with a rim and base of beaten silvery metal. The silver contrasts with the myriad of greens in the the glaze.
- 26cm (10.2″)at the rim
- 11cm (4.2″) at the base
Clean with a damp cloth. Do not submerge in water.
Only 1 left in stock
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)