Maud interiors is an online boutique offering handcrafted home accessories and gifts sourced from around the globe.
Founded by Nicola Paisey in 2013, Maud interiors was inspired by a love of travel, design and craftsmanship. Our aim was to develop relationships with individual artisans, social enterprises and NGOs creating individual, handcrafted products using traditional techniques and providing sustainable livelihoods and health and wellbeing programmes for artisans.
Travelling the globe sourcing handcrafted products for your home
Here are a few of the places and people we have met since 2013:
- We’ve travelled to the highlands of Chiapas, Mexico, to work with a French run NGO, working with Mayan weavers using traditional backstrap loom weaving techniques and introducing new colour palettes and designs
- Sourced baskets from Swazi NGO, Gone Rural, developed by contemporary designers and hand woven by women in rural communities.
- Discovered beautiful copperware in Pune created by the last of the Tambat craftspeople
- Teamed up with a family of three generations of weavers in Morocco
- Shopped souks, markets and bazaars to bring you some unique vintage finds too.
Products imbued with the culture, traditions and skills of their makers
We’ve curated a collection of global accessories and gifts with a story behind them. Products that will add interest, individuality, colour and pattern to a home be it modern global, a rustic retreat or a contemporary loft.
“The best trade secret”
Since we launched we’ve been featured in the national press and leading design publications, been described as “The best trade secret”, in The Times and featured in Harpers Bazaar Ethical Gift Guide.
We have worked with leading interior designers, sourced products and created bespoke accessories for private residences, international boutique hotels and members clubs.
Providing a personal service
We are passionate about our products and aim to provide you with a personal service. We are happy to answer queries or discuss interior plans or dilemmas. Here are a few things our customers have said about us:
Leah Scherotter, San Diego, USA
Alex Wardle, London, UK
Neale Bailey, Edinburgh, UK.