We will be popping up at the fabulous Cotswolds Christmas Fair this year with our range of hand-woven blankets and throws, stunning Moroccan wedding blankets and beautiful hand embroidered cushions.
The fair is at Daylesford organic farm in Kingham and is in support of WellChild, the national charity for sick children. There will be 180 stands featuring a wonderful range of homeware, jewellery, childrenswear, toys, Christmas decorations and gifts plus free workshops and cookery demonstrations.
Dates and times
6th November: 6pm – 9.30pm
7th and 8th November: 9.30am – 4pm
Click here for ticket information and directions.
Graduation Gifts For Students Leaving Home
Need some gift inspiration for a daughter, son, relative or friend who has just graduated? Check out our suggestions below:
- An embroidered cushion to brighten up a sterile dorm room or tired rental. The motifs and stitches in this unique piece of Kutch embroidery have been handed down from mother to daughter over generations.
- Combine number one with one of our best-selling Moroccan pom pom blankets in beige and natural. These hand woven blankets are designed to withstand the cold in the Atlas mountains so are perfect for snuggling under on winter nights.
- For a boho look add Tanjaoui,one of our Souk Collection cushions, to the mix. Each piece in the collection is one-of-a-kind and mixes vintage fabrics, ribbons and silk screened henna prints with an old silk screened image of a Berber woman.
- Headgear, a cushion inspired by a traditional African saying “What you cannot carry on your head you can most probably live without”. Hand printed and hand painted no two cushions are alike in this collection. Mix with other styles in the Namibian collection to create a contemporary global feel. This piece works well with our Moroccan pom pom blankets too.
- Stylish storage in the form of this super size Swazi basket, Bonakele. Hand woven from indigenous grasses by social enterprise, Gone Rural, this large decorative storage basket is perfect for towel, throws, magazines or a plant.
- A firm favourite with interior designers, this versatile Moroccan pom pom blanket in black and white stripes, will instantly add warmth and style to a student bedroom.
- A bold, bright, beautiful boho kilim pouf, Nabila, perfect for adding a colour and pattern to a room. Use as extra seating or a low table.
- Eye-catching Clamp dyed cushion covers will instantly update a room. Mix and match styles and combine with 9, our natural wool Moroccan pom pom blanket to complete the look.
Gift Inspiration For The Yogis In Your Life
A selection of gifts for yogis or for someone needing to relax, unwind and create a sense of calm after a long day at the office. Choose from our handcrafted copper sunflower tea light holders £19.00, which are perfect for creating soft ambient lighting for an evening practice. | 2. Aashe, one of our large hand embroidered, comfortable, floor cushions from our Kutch Collection for meditation. | 3. A hand beaten, fair trade, copper meditation urli(bowl). Just watching the coppery light created by floating tea lights reflecting against the tiny hammered indentations creates a sense of calm.
Handcrafted Gifts With A Global Twist For Mother’s Day
Choose from a range of light radiating, hand beaten, copper ware from India, beautiful hand woven woollen blankets from Morocco and cushion covers hand woven by Mayan weavers using techniques handed down from mother to daughter over generations.
Clockwise from top left: Sunflower Copper Tea Light Holder £19 | San Andres Brocade hand woven cushion cover in lime and white £85 | Copper and Brass Trinket Box £22 | Hand woven Moroccan Pom Pom blanket in natural from £149 | Sunflower Copper Tea Light Holder as above | Oxchuc stripe cushion cover Kal £65 | San Andres Brocade hand woven cushion cover in grey and taupe £85 | Small Sea Urchin Vase White £22.
Handcrafted Gifts With A Global Twist
Why not give your loved one a handcrafted Valentine’s Day gift this year, something with a story behind it?
For textile lovers, a hand embroidered cushions from our Kutch collection, like Advika, a vintage Rabari embroidery cushion cover featuring heart-shaped motifs would make a wonderful gift. The Rabaris are pastoral nomads living in Rajasthan and Gujurat with a distinctive style of embroidery which has been handed down from mother to daughter over generations. Steeped in cultural tradition this is a statement cushion to cherish.
If you are giving jewellery why not present it in one of our handcrafted Copper and Brass Trinket Boxes, which are perfect for storing chains, rings, earrings and cufflinks? Each piece has been handcrafted by a Tambat coppersmith in Pune, India, using techniques dating back to the seventeenth century. Tiny rows of uniform indentations on the surface, crafted with special hammers, create a mirror like appearance that reflects the light.
For romantic nights in try our super warm Moroccan Pom Pom blankets from our Souk Collection. These blankets are hand woven by Berber weavers and are designed to withstand the cold in the High Atlas mountains. They are perfect for snuggling under on chilly winter nights.
The Student Gift Edit
Stuck for a gift for the student in your family? I’ve picked a bright selection of our handcrafted global interior accessories which will bring colour and warmth to spartan student bedsits. Choose from a selection of unique, one-of-a-kind silk screened cushions and floor cushions, super warm Berber pom pom blankets designed to withstand the cold of the High Atlas mountains and quirky storage solutions.
Gift ideas for students clockwise from top left:
1. Large Storage Basket Bonakele £180 | 2. Trinket Box £22 | 3.Pom Pom Blanket Multicolour Stripe £149 – £183 | 4. Small Spiky Sea Urchin Vase White £25 | 5. Haimi Vintage Embroidered Floor Cushion Cover £110 | 6. Farida Berber Cushion Cover Orange Green £85 | 7. Nejma Berber Cushion Cover Orange £85 | 8. Berber Basket Green Orange £55 | 9. Namibian collection cushions and floor cushions £65 – £87
Gift Inspiration For Him
If you, like me, are only just beginning to think about Christmas presents and haven’t bought a single gift yet then our edit of handcrafted global accessories for him, below might help:
Gift ideas for him clockwise from top left:
1. Berber Bread Basket £45 | 2. Storage Jars from £33 | 3. Moroccan Pom Pom Blanket Natural Black from £149 | 4. Sea Urchin Vase Green Medium £45 | 5. Selection of Cushions from our Chiapas Collection £75 each | 6. Black and Natural Block Weave Baskets Bonakele from £34 | 7. Copper Tea Light Candle Holder Seed Pod Large £28 | 8. Table Runner Yox £110
Selvedge Winter Fair 2014, 31st October – 1st November – Two Complimentary Tickets To Give Away
We will be exhibiting again at the annual Selvedge Winter Fair and we have two tickets to give away. Selvedge is the perfect place to pick up unique, handcrafted gifts or something special for your home. With over 10o designer and small company stalls to browse it’s a real treat for textile lovers.
To win two complimentary tickets all you have to do is email: email@example.com and tell us which country the Maud interiors team has visited recently. Hurry as the tickets will be allocated to the first person to email us with the correct answer!
Getting To The Selvedge Winter Fair
Chelsea Old Town Hall
Kensington and Chelsea
Friday 31st October 11am – 5pm, 6pm – 8pm
Saturday 1st November 10am – 5pm
To find out more about the Selvedge Winter Fair click here